It is summertime and potty training is on everyone’s mind, especially if they have a child that is of potty training age. I have received several phone calls and emails this week concerning International Shipping and custom fees. It seems like here lately, more and more of the packages that are leaving the country are receiving some type of custom charges. One thing that you should be aware of, is that not all companies include custom charges in their shipping price. Our policy, for example, clearly states that all custom fees are the sole responsibility of the buyer. If you are placing an order and you know that it is an International order, please read the shipping policy before placing it.
The other most asked question this week has been, “How long will it take for my package to arrive if shipped to ??????” The answer is that it depends on what shipping method you choose. USPS takes about 2-6 weeks to arrive at its destination. FedEx on the other hand, delivers in about 1-2 weeks. The choice is all yours because either way, they both take your package through customs.
And finally, for those of you who like to track your package, you should know that FedEx is insured and will allow you to have tracking until the time the package is delivered while USPS carries no insurance on your package and will only give you tracking information up to the time that your package hits customs. All I can say is choose wisely!
International shipping seems to be a concern of those who live abroad. It is more expensive than shipping within the United States and can definitely take longer than normal shipping. We offer two methods of shipping for our customers. One is through the United States Postal System and the other through FedEx.
1. Less expensive to ship.
2. Package not insured: Should your package get lost or damaged it will not be insured using this option.
3. No tracking: The only tracking on International shipping through USPS will follow your package to the customs destination and then it usually stops there. There is usually no tracking after that.
4. Delivery Time: Using this option will usually take 2-6 weeks for your package to go from our warehouse through customs and reach its destination.
1. More expensive normally to ship.
2. Package insured: Should you package get lost or damaged a claim can be filed with FedEx to recover loss.
3. Tracking available until the package reaches its destination.
4. Delivery Time: Using this option, your package should arrive its destination within a week or so.
***Be aware that with either of these options, your package may accrue an additional customs charge that is not included in the shipping. Not all packages acquire one and we do not know how the customs department decides which package will be or won’t be charged.***
I hope that this information will make it easier for you to decide, which shipping method better suits your needs.